Saturday, 27th December 2008: Post No-G8 Fundraising @ FNB House
Harap semua dapat dtg.. kalau sesiapa yang pergi ke Femme Fest, harap dapat singgah lepas gig tu.. kami ada menyediakan MINUMAN ISTIMEWA malam itu… semua kutipan hasil dari jualan minuman ini akan diberi kepada movement anti-G8 di Jepun.
POST NO-G8 FUNDRAISING
Date: 27th December ’08 (Sat)
Time: 11 AM – 12 Midnight
Venue: Ponyo (FNBKL’s house)
* this event is to raise fund for the anti-G8 movement in Japan as they had spent a lot in organising the big protest at the G8 summit in Japan on July this year and also to fund the next protest against G8 in Italy.
* there will be a couple of activities happening on this day..
1. Really, Really Free Market (refer below)
2. Art Exhibition (please contribute your artworks! no matter how small or simple.)
3. Screenings (you can bring your DVDs if you think you want to share it with us)
4. Kids coloring session (bring your kids to participate!)
5. Presentation on protest G8
6. Collective’s Introduction
7. Live cooking by Bebe
8. Music / Performances (The Pips, Meor, Laikong Brigade etc)
9. SPECIAL DRINKS for FUNraising (all sales will be donated to the anti-G8 movement)
REALLY, REALLY FREE MARKET (RRFM)
* this is the FIRST RRFM that we’re organising.. this market is to create awareness as well as an act to show that as a community, we have more resources than we do as individuals.
* it is kind of a potluck.. we need everyone to bring stuff you want to share.. i.e clothes, shoes, games, books, phamplets (on health, NGO services, rights etc), pots, pans, speakers, radio, TV, cabinets, cds, watercolor, gardening tools etc‚Ä¶.. anything! you’ll be surprised that the things you don’t really use/need could be another persun’s treasure!
* we urge people to share skills/knowledge too (NGOs are encouraged!)‚Ä¶ i.e legal advise, counseling, photography skills, repairing computers, repairing bicycle, t-shirt silkscreen printing, massage, hair cut, how-to whatever etc anything you can think of.
* this market is absolutely FREE! it is based on a gift-economy concept.
WE DO THIS BECAUSE‚Ä¶‚Ä¶
* Because there is enough for everyone
* Because sharing is more fulfilling than owning
* Because corporations would rather see landfills overflow than anyone get anything for free
* Because scarcity is a myth constructed to keep us at the mercy of the economy
* Because a sunny day outside is better than anything money can buy or hanging out window shopping at a mall
* Because “free trade” is a contradiction of terms
* Because no one should have to do without food, shelter, clothes, entertainment, and community
* and of course‚Ä¶ BECAUSE WE LOVE FREE STUFF AND WE WANT TO SHARE THEM WITH YOU!
visit our blog for details: mockmeat.wordpress.com